Syphon Filter Community

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF Pup_up10
If you are still in touch with the old Syphon Filter players, please, make sure to tell them about this site, thanks.

Regards,
SF-Community

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Syphon Filter Community

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF Pup_up10
If you are still in touch with the old Syphon Filter players, please, make sure to tell them about this site, thanks.

Regards,
SF-Community

Syphon Filter Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate community for Syphon Filter online gaming!

+3
cocobeanz
dalton889
omnitrix152
7 posters

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF

omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF Empty IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF

Post by omnitrix152 19.05.13 19:42

YEAH. listen bitches i was just memorizing over some youtube vids of SF and i came across coldbirds intro to pro online and in the comment section this is what i saw - you lazy bastard read it for yourself - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjnJzOUtFB0

now some randomer asks cold bird to fix the ptp emulation error(this being the cause we cannot play SF) and he said he is going to fix it after 4 months after he finishes some course. now i know your pissed off i mean we have been waiting a year now exactly but at least we have an update and now we know we can start to expect SF in october novemeber time. we best start creating those forum features uke.
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF Empty Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF

Post by dalton889 19.05.13 20:16

Still,I dont think that he is gonna fix it.Really..

Hey,we know what PTP is but while Im not having access to the PROMETHEUS Server logs I cannot fix it man.I've told you is easy to fix it for a hacker like ColdBird.

Okay let me explain to you clearly what's the PTP Problem okay?

Network operators must benchmark and tune PTP devices to meet network synchronization
    requirements for applications such as wireless backhaul. This white paper presents results
    from quantifying the performance of several IEEE 1588 transparent clocks (TC) under realworld conditions using the IxN2X test system and based on the seminal test methodology
    introduced by Agilent Technologies at the ISPCS 2009 Symposium,.
    To assist network operators,I describe the “correction factor error” test procedure
    (which could serve as the basis for future IEEE 1588 test standards) for characterizing TC
    performance under real-world conditions. The measured imperfections are large enough
    to likely degrade master clock (MC) to slave clock (SC) synchronization, and influence
    the device selection and Precision Time Protocol (PTP) configuration decisions of network
    engineers.
    Test engineers can now use the Ixia IxN2X IEEE 1588v2 PTP emulation software to quantify
    the performance of transparent clocks, as well as boundary, master, and slave clock
    devices and systems.And basically that's how it works this problem!

And this tester uses a high precision hardware timestamp synchronized across all ports to accurately measure the true latency of each packet through the TC.

How he/I/you can fix it?
    Well,a key function of a TC is to measure the residence time of PTP event packets and then
    report it to the downstream SC by populating the correction factor (CF) field in the
    appropriate messages.
    To characterize a TC’s impact on end-to-end synchronization performance, the accuracy of
    the inserted CF values must be precisely measured. Figure 1 illustrates the test configuration
    for performing these measurements.
    IxN2X sends SYNC, FOLLOW_UP, DELAY_REQ, and DELAY_RSP packets through the TC as
    illustrated in Figure 1. The tester uses a high precision hardware timestamp synchronized
    across all ports to accurately measure the true latency of each packet through the TC. In
    addition, the packets are captured and the CF fields extracted.
    With both the actual latency across the TC and the reported latency obtained from the
    CF, the accuracy of the TC can be determined!The correction factor error (CF_error) is
    calculated as the difference between the latency measured by IxN2X and the CF field
    value reported by the TC.And of course there are MANY types of this problem!!

As synchronization improves in the end devices, the variable queuing delays in the intermediate switches and routers become the dominant source of errors.

IF I WERE COLDBIRD,I WOULD HAVE FIX THIS SHIT IN 5 WEEKS AT LEAST!

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN DAMMIT!

Last edited by DARKMAK3R on 19.05.13 20:30; edited 1 time in total
    cocobeanz
    cocobeanz
    O3
    O3

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF Empty Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ - SF

Post by cocobeanz 19.05.13 20:27

Wow you've actually posted something that isn't complete garbage, thanks man. Nice to know there's a slim chance I might be dusting off my old psp later this year.
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 19.05.13 20:31

O.o Really? lol
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 19.05.13 21:06

he was reffering to me dalton ... but anyways if he does fix it we need to make a video announcement and spread it round you tube like mad.
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 19.05.13 21:07

For sure,Omni..For sure..
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 19.05.13 21:16

yes ... and uke remember the section for maps too.
    manofXtreme
    manofXtreme
    O3
    O3

Post by manofXtreme 19.05.13 22:33

haha omni you are a true fighter. I like how you're not giving up
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 19.05.13 23:41

uke its just that i cant give that game up and i wish i found it sooner.
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 20.05.13 21:09

manofXtreme wrote:haha omni you are a true fighter. I like how you're not giving up

Oh do me a favor Uke.Dont tell me that you have gave up your hopes even If you dont discuss them anymore(What am I telling?You never did..Basically.Otherwise,I will go to jump off a bridge dont try to be so hard with yourself,girls are sensitive. LOL. Dont take it personally,but I still know(but dont believe it)that you are NOT intended to help us find our hopes for SF.

Quite easy to tell that Omni is a TRUE Fighter,but difficult to prove it by yourself huh Uke?
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 20.05.13 21:40

no dalton everyone is still holding out a little hope, this is natural.
    street-boy11
    street-boy11
    O1
    O1

Post by street-boy11 21.05.13 1:01

SF will never be like before.
    If the servers get up with that cfw there will be like 4 players online at the same time, not more..
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 21.05.13 10:31

streeeeeet wrote:SF will never be like before.
    If the servers get up with that cfw there will be like 4 players online at the same time, not more..

You are right,but better SF be online(with similar consequences) instead of NOT been alive at all..
    And you Sven,you will be very helpfull.Apart from your *sometime* imbecility(Beschränktheit) I think i typed it right? lol

You have a persuasive attitude which encourages people to do something that would NEVER do.So keep informed for any changes,if you think that i try to manipulate you.You have the right to exclude yourself from the whole idea.

RR Spielerz sind Schwachsinn!!!!
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 21.05.13 15:58

we will populate it more, i will make you-tube videos making sure people get on
    manofXtreme
    manofXtreme
    O3
    O3

Post by manofXtreme 21.05.13 17:28

Actually I didn't give up hope. If Coldbird fixes it, then cool. If he doesn't then well... fhuk that. What I'm definitelly hoping for is a new SF game on PS Vita or PS4. That's why we've made this site. To stay in contact till there's a new SF game or SFCO/SFLS returns.
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 21.05.13 17:46

cmon SF is made for a portable handheld, and this way we can keep SF for at least another couple off years.
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 21.05.13 18:23

manofXtreme wrote:Actually I didn't give up hope. If Coldbird fixes it, then cool. If he doesn't then well... fhuk that. What I'm definitelly hoping for is a new SF game on PS Vita or PS4. That's why we've made this site. To stay in contact till there's a new SF game or SFCO/SFLS returns.

Thats too FUTURE,if you know what I mean..
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 21.05.13 18:24

no i don't Dalton i think you mean futuristic and no its not
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 23.05.13 20:40

Well,bet it is
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 23.05.13 20:47

its the same SF we played years ago so no it wont.
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 24.05.13 9:42

Dont be sure in any aspect of these things..Believe me in that
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 24.05.13 15:11

what do you mean then? its going to lag? thats the only problem i can think of ok?
    Xxxx8PacKxxxX
    Xxxx8PacKxxxX
    R1
    R1

Post by Xxxx8PacKxxxX 25.05.13 20:24

Idk why you guys just dont ask me to fix sf -_- w/e
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 25.05.13 20:28

go on bro please fix SF then. ;)
    Ms. RainbowDash
    Ms. RainbowDash
    R2
    R2

Post by Ms. RainbowDash 26.05.13 0:51

it would wouldnt matter if there was only 4-6 people online!! i just wanna play SF again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29.03.24 2:32