Syphon Filter Community

A new Syphon Filter game? Pup_up10
If you are still in touch with the old Syphon Filter players, please, make sure to tell them about this site, thanks.

Regards,
SF-Community

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Syphon Filter Community

A new Syphon Filter game? Pup_up10
If you are still in touch with the old Syphon Filter players, please, make sure to tell them about this site, thanks.

Regards,
SF-Community

Syphon Filter Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate community for Syphon Filter online gaming!

+3
cocobeanz
Ahura Mazda
manofXtreme
7 posters

A new Syphon Filter game?

manofXtreme
    manofXtreme
    O3
    O3

A new Syphon Filter game? Empty A new Syphon Filter game?

Post by manofXtreme 09.09.12 13:48

My thoughts about a new Syphon Filter game

Hello SF-Community!

Since all Syphon Filter servers have been shut down forever, you might hope for a new Syphon Filter game. That is what we all want!
    Yet we don't know if a new SF game is coming out. But there are rumors about Syphon Filter 4 in development at SCE London Studio for the PS3. And also rumors about a new SF game in development at the Sony Bend Studio which would quite likely come out for the PSVita.
    So does that mean there are 2 Syphon Filter games coming out? That would be a good comeback after years!
    You can find more informations here.

Let's talk about Sony Bend Studio. Yet they have developed all Syphon Filter games and also two other games: Resistance Retribution (PSP) and Uncharted Golden Abyss (PSVita).

Remember Resistance Retribution online mode.
    Why does it not have 1 shot headshots?
    Why does it not have melee funktions?
    Why does it have aim assist set as standard?
    Why does the lobby have no Message Board?
    And why no Leaderboards?
    Why aren't we able to chat in the in-game lobby?
    And why aren't we able to make self-made maps like we did on Syphon Filter?

Do you know why? There are 2 different answers to these big questions:

Answer 1)
    Because Bend Studio does not want Resistance Retribution to be better than the Syphon Filter games! It's like Bend wants to protect the honor of Syphon Filter. And that also means they are developing a new Syphon Filter game! They just needed a long break of making Syphon Filter games. So now they had their break making RR and Uncharted GA. Now it's time for a brand new Syphon Filter continuation!

Answer 2)
    Because the less skilled employees of Bend Studio worked on Resistance Retribution while the very skilled employees are working on the new Syphon Filter game!

Ok and now something very interesting: Watch this video at 4:00min and look at the top left!
    What do you see? Exactly! Under Uncharted 3 there is the Syphon Filter logo!
    That means something. But does that really mean what we expect?

Besides: If Syphon Filter would really end with Combat Ops, why would Bend Studio not make Resistance better than all the Syphon Filter series (PSP)?
    I mean every game developer company tries to make better games and experience? Am I right?

Think of that! ;)

Everyone has his own opinions. Some think there will be a new SF game and some not. This was my opinion and I'm pretty sure there will be a new Syphon Filter game.

Post also your opinion! Maybe you can give us some examples why you think so?
    It's interesting to see other peoples opinions about this topic.
    And to be said: Respect other ppls opinions please!

manof
    Ahura Mazda
    Ahura Mazda
    O1
    O1

A new Syphon Filter game? Empty Re: A new Syphon Filter game?

Post by Ahura Mazda 09.09.12 15:37

Hm good points Uke, here is what I think:

1. The main reason why RR is inferior to SF, in my opinion, is that with SF they have exploited the full potential (100%!) that PSP could give. (Remember SFLS was one of the first PSP games using 333Hz? Check this.) Hence, during the development of RR, a series they didn't know so well as SF (BEND has produced EVERY Syphon Filter game since 1999), they have simply chosen to opt for a modified Logan's Shadow engine. You can even read it on the RR wikipedia voice:

A new Syphon Filter game? RR%20Engine

So this is the main reason why RR is so similar to SF: movements and graphics are almost the same while the infrastructure mode is a simple scaled down version of the online modality on SF. In conclusion I don't think BEND has developed RR with the deliberate intention of making it worse than SF, this would be counterproductive and crazy! They just tried to fit at best the Resistance series on the PSP system. Consider that the original Resistance games are first person shooter games and we know how this genere doesn't fit on PSP as good as third person shooter games..

2. The video you have showed (good sight xD) is newish and it's a pretty good to know that SCEA (the company that commis games to developers like BEND studio) is still interested in the development of the SF series. This means that they still believe in the potential that this series has to offer.

3. You have forgotten the most important thing: SF story can't end with the final they showed us in Logan's Shadow.. that's simply an unfitting ending for an acclaimed series like Syphon Filter. I'm sure they have already prepared the plot for the next SF game. An unexpected twist is in the air, we have already seen this kind of stuff in the previous SF episodes.

Hope this will help you..
    cocobeanz
    cocobeanz
    O3
    O3

Post by cocobeanz 09.09.12 16:40

Wow you've been investigating, very nice uke. I think RR wasn't as good simply because the mass market that are fans of the Resistance series wouldn't like the Syphon Filter style combat because it's too difficult for these retards. Simple as that. The Syphon Filter games were challenging but not popular so I think Bend just wanted to actually make a decent ammount of money for their efforts and sadly making watered down retard friendly shooters is the way to do that these days. But I do like your idea about "defending the honour of SF" hahaha. As for a new SF game I really hope its on the Vita because then it actually has a chance to be the dominant online shooter.
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 12.09.12 16:12

i dnt think they will ever make SF again :(
    dalton889
    dalton889
    O4
    O4

Post by dalton889 14.09.12 17:59

Guys,i agree with omitrix..i have no good-think mind about SF anymore...This game was,is and will be the best Online Game on PSP Device,even if we miss it...I want any news about SF..also im working on Pro-C CFW try to make SF Games compatible...As far as i know,the las client does NOT support SF..the next one too...So,Basically,i personally,cant say that we will have the opportunity to play this unique game...Sony Bless Us...Have a Nice day dudes,and dont forget me..i (basically) love everyone each diffrent...i just..i just..cant show it..sorry..
    cocobeanz
    cocobeanz
    O3
    O3

Post by cocobeanz 14.09.12 20:26

Ok....thank...you dalton...for..that, unreabable wall of, text...do, you have any, idea how..to, use, punctuation....properly?...Your, grammar, is just..excell....ent xD Learn how to write please kid. It is quite possible that there will never be another SF game since Gabe seemingly died at the end of Logans Shadow. Unless they do a prequel or maybe an online only shooter. We can only speculate guys.
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 15.09.12 10:40

i never got to the end of LS i just got to the last fight did gabe really die?
    cocobeanz
    cocobeanz
    O3
    O3

Post by cocobeanz 15.09.12 13:19

And you call yourself a true SF fan omni........nice joke mate.
    omnitrix152
    O4
    O4

Post by omnitrix152 15.09.12 14:57

no seriously i gave up on it thats when i was shit anyways and did gabe really die?????
    ManquQhapaq
    ManquQhapaq
    R1
    R1

Post by ManquQhapaq 15.09.12 19:11

god dammit omni you havent changed a bit!
    Muffinz
    Muffinz
    O1
    O1

Post by Muffinz 27.09.12 14:29

*Sigh* Can it be? The almighty Dalton!? I shouldn't have registered.. Out of everything I remember I remember him most clearly. And I don't mean that in a good way "friend".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28.04.24 5:22